- AWARE Writing Center
- Arabic Language Program
- French Language Program
- NEW! German Language Program
- NEW! Italian Language Program
- Mandarin Chinese Language Program
- Portuguese Language Program
- Spanish Language Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration, Refunds, Discounts, & General Policies
- Teach at the Language Center
Registration, Refunds, Discounts, & General Policies
Registration, Refunds, Discounts, & General Policies
• Students must pre-register online and then confirm their registration by paying their course fee at the TII Registration office in the LAS building, first floor. The tuition fee should be paid in full before the start of the course. The Language Center only accepts payments by debit or credit card. Students are not guaranteed a place in the course until they have paid their course fees.
• Late registrations are accepted up to the fourth class meeting based on space availability. Late registrants must pay their tuition in full before the start of their first class. After the fourth class meeting no registrations will be accepted.
• The Language Center reserves the right to cancel courses due to lack of sufficient enrollment. In that case students receive a full refund of their tuition fee. Students may also choose to apply their tuition to another language course.
• Purchased textbooks can be returned if they are still in the original packaging. In case of a course cancellation, if the textbook has been opened the student will only be refunded the course tuition fee.
3- Discount Policy
Long-term courses (10-12 weeks)
The Language Center offers a tuition fee discount for long-term courses (10-12 weeks) for the following students:
Qatar Foundation staff: 10% of tuition fee
Full time students: 10% of tuition fee
Senior citizens (50 years and above) 10% of tuition fee
Persons with disabilities 10% of tuition fee
Language Center continuing students 20% of tuition fee (This discount is valid for two semesters following the course the student has taken in the same language program.)
A tuition fee discount is not applicable for courses shorter than 10-12 weeks
4- Withdrawals and Refund Policy
Long term courses (12 weeks)
• A student who wishes to withdraw from a course with a full refund must do so before the fourth class meeting (NOT the fourth meeting attended). A withdrawal request must be sent by email to the Registration Coordinator before the fourth class meeting at email@example.com. Refund requests after the fourth class meeting will not be accepted. No exceptions.
To obtain a refund the student must meet the following requirements:
1. A refund request with a valid justification must be sent to the Registration Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. No verbal refund requests will be accepted, nor written refund requests to language instructors or language coordinators will be accepted.
2. A copy of Qatari ID and the original Qatar Foundation receipt and POS-transaction slip (customer copy) should be provided within 3 business days.
3. The TII Language Center works with QF Finance to secure a refund for the student. The process can take up to 2-3 months.
4. Refunds are made directly to the student’s credit or debit card.
5. A refund of the cost of the course textbook may be granted if the book and any media included in it are intact, unused and are in their original condition.
• If a student wishes to defer a course to the next academic term, he or she must request a deferral by sending an email to the Registration Coordinator before the fifth class meeting (NOT the fifth meeting attended). No verbal refund requests will be accepted, nor written refund requests to language instructors or language coordinators will be accepted. Deferral request after the fifth class meeting will not be accepted. No exceptions.
1. A deferral of study is granted to a specific equivalent course in the following academic term.
2. The student is required to confirm his/her intention to resume studies by registering for the course previously deferred.
3. The student may be required to cover the difference in tuition in case there has been an increase during the deferral period. In case the course materials are updated, the student will have to assume the cost of the new materials. TII will not refund or exchange any previously adopted materials purchased by the student. The term “materials” includes textbooks. If the student does not register for a course in the subsequent semester, she or he will forfeit the tuition.
Special conditions for short courses of less than 6 weeks
If a student wishes to withdraw from a course that is 6 weeks or less but more than 3 weeks, he or she must request a refund of the Registration Coordinator before the second class meeting (NOT the second session attended). After the second class meeting no refund requests will be accepted. No exceptions.
If a student wishes to defer a course, he or she must request a deferral by sending an email to the Registration Coordinator before the third class meeting (NOT the third meeting attended).
If a student wishes to withdraw from a class which is less than 3 weeks long she or he must request the refund from the Registration Coordinator before the second class session in order to qualify for a refund of their tuition fee. A deferral is not applicable for courses less than 3 weeks.
Deferrals are not applicable during our summer courses.
5- Safety and Conduct
• All participants are responsible for following safety guidelines in case of an emergency. Smoking is not allowed in the building.
• All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which demonstrates respect for TII and its staff, fellow students and property.